Monday, April 10, 2017

Nikki's "Stick To What Ya Know" playlist

There are times in every music lover's life when no matter how desperately they want to discover and listen to new music, they just can't. Sometimes, it feels best to stick to the trusted songs we know and love, and to listen to those songs on seemingly endless loops. For whatever reason, these are the songs I've been listening to on repeat for about a week (or more). From new releases that I've listened to six times in a row without shame to 90s ska/punk classics, without further ado, here's to stickin' to what ya know.

1. Surveillance // Bombflower


I'm a sucker for female fronted vocals, but everything else about this song rocks, too. It's currently my go-to song when I feel like having a one person mosh pit. 

2. Freeway Time in LA County Jail // Sublime



Every time I hear this song, I consider getting an "Angry Dogs are Hungry Doggies" tattoo of a vicious Dalmatian. 

3. Daisy // Wavves



"Daisy" was the first of three singles that have been released off Wavve's upcoming album, You're Welcome. 

4. My Girlfriend is a Chola // Voodoo Glow Skulls


VGS killed it at Reggie's last Thursday. Special shout out to Evil Empire for a crazy opening set. 

5. Sex and Candy // Marcy Playground


I sing this to myself, out loud, at least twice a day. 

6. Rant // Bad Timing

I may or may not have listened to this song 4 times in a row yesterday. (But who's counting?) Every time I listen to this track, I get more stoked to see Bad Timing at The Weenie Hut with Chasing Chimera, Death of Self, The Audio Dead, Lever, and Habitats at the end of the month.  


7. Way Too Much // Wavves



In case one Wavves song wasn't enough. 

8. Making Breakfast // Twin Peaks


You ever get in that mood where you put on headphones and pretend every song you listen to is part of your very own soundtrack? This is my opening track for spring. 

9. Song for a Friend // The Slaps


Finally, I had to show some love to my fellow DePaul students in The Slaps. 


If you'd like to submit a playlist of your own, contact locals only here.

No comments:

Post a Comment